HOW DOES THE POINT SYSTEM WORK?
Points are allocated for participation and performance as such:
- 5% of club members race and finish = 3 participation points
- 10% of club members race and finish = 6 participation points
- 20% of club members race and finish = 9 participation points
Participation Point Rules
- A clubs membership number is calculated as the number of members aged 13+ from the end of the April 01 2019.
- If 5%, 10% or 20% of a clubs membership is not a whole number, the required participant amount is rounded to the nearest whole number e.g 10% of a 64 member club = 6.4 members – therefore the club requires 6 members to race and for 6 points.
- Smaller clubs with less than 20 members will be measured for participation points as if they are a club of 20 members.
- If a clubs required participation is calculated as one member for both 5% and 10%, an extra required participant is added to the 10% requirement, meaning they would need two participants.
|1st||2 Performance Points||6th||0.5 Performance Point|
|2nd||1.5 Performance Points||7th||0.5 Performance Point|
|3rd||1.5 Performance Points||8rd||0.5 Performance Point|
|4th||1 Performance Points||9th||0.5 Performance Point|
|5th||1 Performance Points||10th||0.5 Performance Point|
*Points will be allocated to the top 10 from each age group division.
Clubs can earn a maximum of 25 points at each event of the Regional Interclub Series.
This point equalisation strategy will be implemented to allow clubs of varying sizes to compete against each other.
For the Central West Interclub, the Max Out is 30 points. This is due to all the events on the calendar being Club events.